Thursday, February 12, 2015

Sarah Marquez 10 Best Week 5











8 comments:

  1. I love the way theses photos capture simple moments of life. The range of values is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a great week of pictures. The compositions are really spot on, I appreciate the patterns you managed to find in real life. To me, your last two photos were especially successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really enjoy the way you framed the one with the red bull fridge in it. It fills up the space and the edges are all thoughtfully places without cropping anything

    ReplyDelete
  4. The detail captured in the 7th photo is great. I also enjoy the contrast and lighting in the 4th and 5th

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fourth image (of the bus station) gives me chills. The huge black expanse is consuming and mysterious; coupled with the fact that you can only see the backs of the figures, it endows the photograph with a stalker-ish quality. The boys don't know they're being photographed, and this ignorance makes me wonder who the photographer is and what his or her intentions are. Slender Man? Creepy Pasta-worthy, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo of the roses is incredible- i just want to keep staring at it! There seems to be a story behind it- and behind most of your photos- that makes it really intriguing but the composition and depth of field of the image of the flowers makes it really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blown out effect from using the flash in the 4th and 5th shots really capture that feel of candid and spontaneous photography. That feeling of capturing moments from your life, the daily grind. In these shots, they remind me of a nostalgic feeling, like I'm looking at old photos taken to savor the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photo with the roses, it goes against what you would traditionally think of roses neatly compiled in vase. The contrast of them slightly beginning to wilt and strewn across the cement is stunning, and the use of depth and light was very well done. I love the texture captured in the picture of the person using the phone, it's interesting to look at and I like that you did not include the person's face, it makes the photo much more mysterious. The picture with the two beetles and guy in the Steak n' Shake hat has a quirky and lighthearted 50's vibe to me, it's a great intentionally planned time piece. I really enjoyed the third image, the only thing that could have improved it is a closer focus on the people and sharper focus in general to capture the guy's positioning on the bike.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.