This week your ten best all seemed to revolve around architectural distinctions. Photo 3 was my favorite among them - I appreciated how the angle that you shot the photo from sort of mimicked the vaulting upwards of the building itself. There's a direct linearity to the image, what with all of the repeated rectangular window panes, but that contrastingly curvy swoop of the (decorative?) facade inserts an organicism. It took me several looks before I also realized that the upper left and bottom right corners were bright white and deep black, respectively. This juxtaposition manages to balance the image - the visual weight is evened out.
Photographs two, three, seven, and nine I think are your most successful. The way you capture these buildings is as though your photographs and the compositions within them are architecture themselves. In photographs two & three, I think the way the image is captured at a slight angle emphasizes the repetition throughout the image. I think there are several photographs where you exposure is a bit off. Photograph seven seems to have the most appropriate exposure. The image is captured beautifully. I love the way you captured the person right by the white pillar, that really gives the viewer a nice sense of scale and hierarchy. First the figure, the smallest of the group, second the pillar, and finally the building which runs off the edge.
I think your second, third and forth images are your best here. If you are going to focus on architecture than getting closer to the features make the pictures more interesting, in my opinion.
This week your ten best all seemed to revolve around architectural distinctions. Photo 3 was my favorite among them - I appreciated how the angle that you shot the photo from sort of mimicked the vaulting upwards of the building itself. There's a direct linearity to the image, what with all of the repeated rectangular window panes, but that contrastingly curvy swoop of the (decorative?) facade inserts an organicism. It took me several looks before I also realized that the upper left and bottom right corners were bright white and deep black, respectively. This juxtaposition manages to balance the image - the visual weight is evened out.
ReplyDeletePhotographs two, three, seven, and nine I think are your most successful. The way you capture these buildings is as though your photographs and the compositions within them are architecture themselves. In photographs two & three, I think the way the image is captured at a slight angle emphasizes the repetition throughout the image. I think there are several photographs where you exposure is a bit off. Photograph seven seems to have the most appropriate exposure. The image is captured beautifully. I love the way you captured the person right by the white pillar, that really gives the viewer a nice sense of scale and hierarchy. First the figure, the smallest of the group, second the pillar, and finally the building which runs off the edge.
ReplyDeleteI think your second, third and forth images are your best here. If you are going to focus on architecture than getting closer to the features make the pictures more interesting, in my opinion.
ReplyDelete