The car in the ninth image almost parallels the roof if the building above it. The open hood and trunk along with the overhead rook provide it's own frame.
The first picture captured my eye the most. It gives me a feeling of despair or hope lost in the way that the subject looks...it reminds me of the fetal position. I also enjoy the sixth photograph and the way that the bend in the road cuts the image in half.
Like Sarah, I'm quite taken with the first photo. The fact that I can't determine whether the central object is a fallen fruit or the remains of a hatched egg is intriguing and gets me exploring for clues in the periphery of the image. The strong diagonal light and dark shadows add drama to an otherwise quiet scene. It comes across as a still shot in the opening of a suspense-film, very Hitchcock-esque.
The first photograph is amazing. The way the light is hitting the broken egg gives the impression of a sanctity for the lost life or what could have been while the darkness around shows what that egg was exposed to.
I love photograph number three. The light on the dogs face while the rest of the body is in shadow is a very advance move. Really nice. The composition in this photograph is spectacular. I love seeing your photographs each week. It seems you have a really unique perspective of the world and capture images with the same individuality.
The car in the ninth image almost parallels the roof if the building above it. The open hood and trunk along with the overhead rook provide it's own frame.
ReplyDeletethe lighting in the first image creates a nice pathway for your eyes to be drawn in to the focal point. Very dramatic!
ReplyDeleteThe first picture captured my eye the most. It gives me a feeling of despair or hope lost in the way that the subject looks...it reminds me of the fetal position. I also enjoy the sixth photograph and the way that the bend in the road cuts the image in half.
ReplyDeleteLike Sarah, I'm quite taken with the first photo. The fact that I can't determine whether the central object is a fallen fruit or the remains of a hatched egg is intriguing and gets me exploring for clues in the periphery of the image. The strong diagonal light and dark shadows add drama to an otherwise quiet scene. It comes across as a still shot in the opening of a suspense-film, very Hitchcock-esque.
ReplyDeleteI love the reflection in the last image. the composition is great and so is the tonal range
ReplyDeleteThe first photograph is amazing. The way the light is hitting the broken egg gives the impression of a sanctity for the lost life or what could have been while the darkness around shows what that egg was exposed to.
ReplyDeleteI love photograph number three. The light on the dogs face while the rest of the body is in shadow is a very advance move. Really nice. The composition in this photograph is spectacular. I love seeing your photographs each week. It seems you have a really unique perspective of the world and capture images with the same individuality.
ReplyDelete