These photos all display and luminous and dream-like quality. You have an eye for subtle yet powerful moments. I love how the 6th photo was composed, and the mirroring you taking a picture of the other photographer and vice versa makes your presence as a photographer noticed. The last photo is stunning with the combination of sharpness and softness, and the tonal ranges were also very successful.
I find the use of texture through out these to be very attention grabbing. The third from the bottom photo has such a nice silhouette. The contrast on them seems so strong, and appropriately so. I wish there was a little more space on the 5th photo above her head and to her left to allow some room to breathe in the top left corner and follow her gaze that direction a little further.
Your close up shots are very nice, they employ a brilliant range of textures and values. I really like your work best when you show parts of a whole. There's a really interesting mood to them as well that makes them more than just pretty shots. Also, I appreciate how you're following the light to get those long shadows that really make some of your photos happen.
I think you do a greta job working with light. I love the shadows in first and third images and the strong backlighting in the fourth, fifth and sixth images- you can almost feel the sun hitting you when looking at these images. I also love your attention to detail- and I think I've said this before about your images because you have a way of making such simple details seem so beautiful. I love how you do this in the last image particularly, the contrast and composition are excellent and it's really beautiful.
Your attention to the direction of the light produced striking shadows like those in the first and third photographs. The close up of the plant in the eighth photograph should be a bit sharper especially since the dew makes me want to see it crisper. Overall, you have an excellent sense of composition and lighting!
With the exception of Photo 5 (where the figure's profile is completely visible), you managed to obscure/mask/shroud all of the subjects' faces with light and shadow and objects. It was interesting to experience, because the removal of the identity from the form makes the image more mystical. There is an ethereal, almost angelic quality to the visible female figures because of the halo of light, glorifying them, celebrating them, casting a gentle and joyous tone on their portraits.
These photos all display and luminous and dream-like quality. You have an eye for subtle yet powerful moments. I love how the 6th photo was composed, and the mirroring you taking a picture of the other photographer and vice versa makes your presence as a photographer noticed. The last photo is stunning with the combination of sharpness and softness, and the tonal ranges were also very successful.
ReplyDeleteI find the use of texture through out these to be very attention grabbing. The third from the bottom photo has such a nice silhouette. The contrast on them seems so strong, and appropriately so. I wish there was a little more space on the 5th photo above her head and to her left to allow some room to breathe in the top left corner and follow her gaze that direction a little further.
ReplyDeleteYour close up shots are very nice, they employ a brilliant range of textures and values. I really like your work best when you show parts of a whole. There's a really interesting mood to them as well that makes them more than just pretty shots. Also, I appreciate how you're following the light to get those long shadows that really make some of your photos happen.
ReplyDeleteI think you do a greta job working with light. I love the shadows in first and third images and the strong backlighting in the fourth, fifth and sixth images- you can almost feel the sun hitting you when looking at these images. I also love your attention to detail- and I think I've said this before about your images because you have a way of making such simple details seem so beautiful. I love how you do this in the last image particularly, the contrast and composition are excellent and it's really beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYour attention to the direction of the light produced striking shadows like those in the first and third photographs. The close up of the plant in the eighth photograph should be a bit sharper especially since the dew makes me want to see it crisper. Overall, you have an excellent sense of composition and lighting!
ReplyDeleteWith the exception of Photo 5 (where the figure's profile is completely visible), you managed to obscure/mask/shroud all of the subjects' faces with light and shadow and objects. It was interesting to experience, because the removal of the identity from the form makes the image more mystical. There is an ethereal, almost angelic quality to the visible female figures because of the halo of light, glorifying them, celebrating them, casting a gentle and joyous tone on their portraits.
ReplyDelete