i think your photos go well with your theme. I can feel the emptiness and night owl aspect. For photos at night they still have a lot of contrast in them because there are still light sources in them which is a smart choice i think. I also enjoy your composition choices and formal editing.
You have always taken good night shots. They definitely have a eerie stillness about them. Looking at these pictures I just imagine this insomniac wandering about, feeling alone in the world. Looking at the street lamps for warmth. Still, I feel like they can get a little one note. Maybe try mixing it up with some changes in perspective or closeness to your subjects.
I don't know how you managed it, but there are literally no human beings in these photos! Yet there are luring lights and cars galore, so I know that the spaces you captured *should* be inhabited... It just gives me chills. Like, the viewer is now in a dimension where all lifeforms have vanished from the Earth, but instead of desolation, all of the artificial, electrically-operated mechania of our society persist: "what's the sound of one hand clapping/one light flickering on?" (You're turning into a real pro at night photography, and managing to illuminate the image with only a few choice light fixtures!)
Your images capture solitary and they are each very clear and of great quality. You take really well night shots and the compositions are also on point.
I really enjoy the compositions of photos eight and nine. They make me feel as though I am actually walking through the scenes, and they carry a nice focal point along with lines to guide the eye. Nice job!
i think your photos go well with your theme. I can feel the emptiness and night owl aspect. For photos at night they still have a lot of contrast in them because there are still light sources in them which is a smart choice i think. I also enjoy your composition choices and formal editing.
ReplyDeleteYou have always taken good night shots. They definitely have a eerie stillness about them. Looking at these pictures I just imagine this insomniac wandering about, feeling alone in the world. Looking at the street lamps for warmth. Still, I feel like they can get a little one note. Maybe try mixing it up with some changes in perspective or closeness to your subjects.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you managed it, but there are literally no human beings in these photos! Yet there are luring lights and cars galore, so I know that the spaces you captured *should* be inhabited... It just gives me chills. Like, the viewer is now in a dimension where all lifeforms have vanished from the Earth, but instead of desolation, all of the artificial, electrically-operated mechania of our society persist: "what's the sound of one hand clapping/one light flickering on?" (You're turning into a real pro at night photography, and managing to illuminate the image with only a few choice light fixtures!)
ReplyDeleteYour images capture solitary and they are each very clear and of great quality. You take really well night shots and the compositions are also on point.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy the compositions of photos eight and nine. They make me feel as though I am actually walking through the scenes, and they carry a nice focal point along with lines to guide the eye. Nice job!
ReplyDelete